Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Advanced Scripting from within controls
stilden
I have a need to do some various scripted changes in the reports themselves. Most of these are to change the behavior and/or look and feel of the report objects themselves.
Some of it is fairly involved with structure property objects (IHighlightRule, IChart, etc.), but there doesn't seem to be any documentation or help that provides any type of insight or examples that show me how to use these structured objects.
Code-complete works fine for an object if it's a simple property or getter or setter, so if I type "this." and then let the code-complete show me the way, I'm usually fine. I'm good with going from Rhino to JS as well.
It's when I get into creating a structure property object instance from within say the onPrepare of a table for example to apply a global highlight rule for each cell in the table.
Is there any sort of reference out there besides the BIRT source code?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Stilden,<br />
<br />
Check out the documentation page. It may be of some help.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/modules/documentation/birt-report-designers.php#currentdocs'>BIRT
Report Designers - Documentation - BIRT Exchange</a>