Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Forcing BIRT chart to display all labels on the x axis
itisteve
Hi all,
I have been trying to find out how to force a BIRT chart to display every label on the x axis. My chart has a username, turned 90 degrees on the x axis, and a count on the y axis. If the number of users in the data set is over 35, it will only display some of them on the x axis. I know it will look bad to display them all in a pdf if there are 100 of them, but thats what the client wants. Sorry if this is obvious.. I'm a newbie to BIRT. Thanks in advance.
itisteve
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi itisteve,
Can you create a report with the sample database that doesn't show all the x-axis values. I'll do some testing on it to see if I can get all of the values displayed. I've never heard anyone ask for this, so I don't know if it can be done. What version of BIRT are you using?
itisteve
Michael,
Thanks for the quick response. I am using BIRT 2.5. I can create a report fine with the dataset I have... It will just strip out some of the names for spacing reasons. I actually received word yesterday that the client no longer wishes to have this feature, so no big deal. They had been running reports in Excel by hand, which allowed them to resize the chart as needed to display more names with better spacing. The data is also in a table on the pages preceding the graph, so that is good enough for them. Thanks for the help, and please let me know if you find a solution for future reference.
Thanks again
itisteve
mwilliams
itisteve,
It seems that BIRT only creates a label if there is room. The best thing you can do is to turn the labels to be at 90 degrees and size the labels as small as possible to get them all on there. Sizing the chart larger is also something that can be done.