Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Frustration Limit reached with SR report
AbbyNL
BIRT 2.1.2/Eclipse 3.2.2./Maximo 7.1.1.4
The report is a custom SR Ticket Listing which runs fine in Preview in RD. Once imported to Maximo I get this error:
Service Request List
The following items have errors:
Data (id = 711):
- The result set has not started yet.
data.engine.ResultSetNotStart ( 1 time(s) )
detail : org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.core.DataException: The result set has not started yet. at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.document.util.ExprResultSet.getValue(ExprResultSet.java:127) at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.document.ResultIterator.getValue(ResultIterator.java:150) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.data.dte.DteResultSet.getValue(DteResultSet.java:261) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.doc.AbstractReportReader$1.visitData(AbstractReportReader.java:321) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.content.impl.DataContent.accept(DataContent.java:111) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.content.ContentVisitorAdapter.visit(ContentVisitorAdapter.java:9) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.doc.ReportItemReader.initializeContent(ReportItemReader.java:252) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.doc.ReportItemReader.execute(ReportItemReader.java:61) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportItemExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportItemExecutor.java:35) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:90) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:98) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.executor.l18n.LocalizedReportExecutor.execute(LocalizedReportExecutor.java:77) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.v3.ReportContentLoaderV3.loadPage(ReportContentLoaderV3.java:51) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.internal.document.ReportContentLoader.loadPage(ReportContentLoader.java:55) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.doRender(RenderTask.java:248) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask$PageRender.render(RenderTask.java:702) at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RenderTask.render(RenderTask.java:613) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(Unknown Source) at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.renderReport(Unknown
##################################
Now I know from looking in the XML Source tab of RD that "Data (id = 711):" is the aggregation of the total number of rows/tickets for the report. I am using the ticket.rptdesign report as a template and have my Total.count() set the same in both reports. Ticket.rptdesign runs without error out of the box. I am attaching the rptdesign if anyone has made it this far in my post I would appreciate the help in resolving this. I have tried moving the total, redefining the data item, using Total.count() directly without a data variable, checked the column binding.......I am at a loss what to try next.
Thanks for all who offer suggestions.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
AbbyNL
Has no one run across this problem creating a report? I am starting over on this report using the Tivoli Maximo Grouping template. If this report runs then I'll be using my previous .rptdesign as a debug lesson.
Thanks for reading......how about starting a discussion?
AbbyNL
I'm not sure I could definably point to one thing that solved this problem. I have learned things to check and to watch for in the layout of the report. Here are a few of my observations:
1) correlation between the output columns and main Table Binding.
2) any data element displayed in the report body Table has to have binding.
3) with Maximo/BIRT there is an ORDER to adding or deleting a new column or data item to the report.
4) There are times when a problem occurs the Report Designer will NOT SAVE the .rptdesign. There is a problem with data. A quick flashing message box happens when the save icon is clicked but the "*" remains next to the .rptdesign name on the Layout tab.
5) When Previewing a report in RD if there is an error where an id is given, Data(id=7), I can go into the XML Source tab and search for the value. This gives me a starting point to track down the error.
Dragunov
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="AbbyNL"><p>I'm not sure I could definably point to one thing that solved this problem. I have learned things to check and to watch for in the layout of the report. Here are a few of my observations:<br />
1) correlation between the output columns and main Table Binding. <br />
2) any data element displayed in the report body Table has to have binding.<br />
3) with Maximo/BIRT there is an ORDER to adding or deleting a new column or data item to the report.<br />
4) There are times when a problem occurs the Report Designer will NOT SAVE the .rptdesign. There is a problem with data. A quick flashing message box happens when the save icon is clicked but the "*" remains next to the .rptdesign name on the Layout tab.<br />
5) When Previewing a report in RD if there is an error where an id is given, Data(id=7), I can go into the XML Source tab and search for the value. This gives me a starting point to track down the error.</p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi AbbyNL,<br />
<br />
i am familiar with all the problems that you mentioned above except the 3 rd point. About what ORDER are saying..? could you please elaborate?<br />
<br />
More over i have read that BIRT 2.3.2 support has been added to Maximo, i mean along with the Maximo Base Services 7.1.1.5 Fix Pack. <br />
Info availabe on this link<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www-01.ibm.com/software/brandcatalog/portal/opal/details?NavCode=1TW10OT07'>Tivoli
Open Process Automation Library</a><br />
<br />
<br />
Hope most of these problems might have been solved in that. <br />
<br />
Thankx