Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Trying to reduce size of Ear moving plugins to Platform/plugins
grather
I have been working with Birt2.3
I got it working awhile ago.
But now we are trying to go into production and I see many duplicate files laying around.
I am using a servlet running the ReportEngine in my own app.
So I have
WEB-INF/Platform
WEB-INF/Platform/configuration
WEB-INF/Platform/plugins
WEB-INF/ReportEngine
WEB-INF/ReportEngine/configuration
WEB-INF/ReportEngine/lib
What I did was copy the plugins from ReportEngine to Platform.
As found in a help me file.
So I tried deleteing the plugins from the ReportEngine.
It seems to work.
Should it am I doing something legal or am I all messed up
Do I really need to have all the plugins in two directories.
Gary
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
grather
So when I first started this mess some months ago.
I got it to work.
Now going back I actually followed the instruction from Oreilyy
Download the ReportEngine zip file.
Create a WEB-INF/platform directory
Copy the need files into there.
Create a WEB-INF/lib copy the files into there.
Then stop.
I had also creed a ReportEngine directory.
It wasn't needed at all.
So much easier now that it works.
Instead of when I was trying to wrap my head around it all.
Gary