Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
WEB-INF/platform/plugins jars
javmind
Hi
I use BIRT for creating basic reports but WEB-INF/platform/plugins directory is about 70 M. I want to reduce these size and gain performance.
Is there a way to know which jars are necessary for my app ?,
Any suggessions ...
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
bhanley
Reducing the size of the directory will not directly impact performance. JARs are loaded by the VM as they are requested by the classloader, so the only savings you could be realizing is disk. Disk storage will not affect the user's run-time experience for good or bad (unless you are deploying to an appliance-type environment where disk can be a little more of a precious resource).
javmind
You are right about performance but I am deploying my app to an appliance-type environment ( to an embedded system ) and while it was deploying, it takes more times. So; I want to use only necessary jars for my app.
Do you know whether there is a command that shows dependencies ?