Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Regarding Pagination to reduce the load on database server
Nalini
Hi,
I have a requirement where I need to load 5 Lakh records from the database,I developed a design and deployed that in the WebViewer,the report is running but consuming more than 6 mins.
Instead of fetching all the data at once and presenting in the pagination format,I want to fetch first 100 records and based on the pagenumber entered in the field i want to fetch those records inorder to reduce the burden on the database.How can I achieve this.I use database as my dataset.
Any help is appreciable...
Thanks in Advance........
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Nalini,
Can you explain your issue a little more in detail? I'm not sure I'm understanding completely how you'd like to fetch the data.
Nalini
Hi,<br />
<br />
I deployed my design in JBOSS<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:7070/WebViewer/frameset?__report=CustomerDetails.rptdesign'>http://localhost:7070/WebViewer/frameset?__report=CustomerDetails.rptdesign</a><br
/>
<br />
When I hit this URL,my design opens in BirtViewer with pagination,export tools etc.<br />
But what happens is it first fetches the whole data and presents in the pagination format,where I can navigate to the respective page Using WebViewer that causes lot of overload on my database server.<br />
<br />
<br />
Instead of fetching 5 lakh records at a time I want to fetch the data based on the page number I entered in the <strong class='bbc'>enter page field</strong> in WebViewer Application .I digged through the WebViewer code and tried few ways but doesnt work.<br />
<br />
Thanks
EDH
Did you find a solution for this ?
I'm having exactly the same problem.
I need to produce some rather big reports. 25.000 rows.
I don't want to retrieve all these rows at once from my database.
Not because my db can't handle it, but because I want to avoid running into an OutOfMemoryError on my application server.
Did you find out how you can build a report in chunks ? That is, fetch the data, chunk by chunk, and building the report, chunk by chunk ?
Regards,
EDH