Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
crosstab Retrieving binding data error
msaba
hello,
When I add the substring function to a dimension I get a "Retrieving binding data error". dimension["Group"]["SOORT"].substring(3,1)
Does anybody have a solution to get this working?
thnx
Marco
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Marco,
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database so I can see exactly what you've done? Also, include what version of BIRT you're using.
msaba
I have reproduced the error in an old example. I placed a substring(2,2) on a dimension and I get the same error as in my own report.
thnx for the help!
msaba
Found the solution....
Need to cast it to a string before using a substring function example:
String(dimension).substring(2)
mwilliams
Marco,
Glad you found a solution. Let us know whenever you have questions!