Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
DataTimeDataSet
markcheung
What should be the data format for DataTimeDataSet?
Can it be 12:00, 1:00, etc?
or do I have to create my own custom dataset?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
linking to same thread at
http://www.birt-exchange.org/org/forum/index.php/topic/16324-datatimedataset-data-format/
Zoommy
Hi all, I'm new here.<br />
<br />
I have a question:<br />
<br />
Can I write my own query with my defined parameters filtering by Date type?<br />
<br />
Look at this:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>SELECT DATE_CREATED, ORDERNUMBER, CUSTOMER_NBR, CUSTOMER_NAME,
FROM ORDEREDITEMS
WHERE DATE(DATE_CREATED) = ?</pre>
<br />
I'm trying to pass a String parameter like "01-01-2010" from the report Input but it don't work. What's wrong with this query? Or Why doesn't it work?<br />
<br />
I don't wanna know about hh:mm:ss. I wanna now how manny orders I had on a unique day, like July 20, 2010.<br />
<br />
It works in any DB, why don't it works on BIRT?<br />
<br />
How could I do that on BIRT Query Builder?<br />
<br />
Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Tnks in advance!
wirzbicki
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'Zoommy'" data-cid="68637" data-time="1285102143" data-date="21 September 2010 - 01:49 PM"><p>
Hi all, I'm new here.<br />
<br />
I have a question:<br />
<br />
Can I write my own query with my defined parameters filtering by Date type?<br />
<br />
Look at this:<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>SELECT DATE_CREATED, ORDERNUMBER, CUSTOMER_NBR, CUSTOMER_NAME,
FROM ORDEREDITEMS
WHERE DATE(DATE_CREATED) = ?</pre>
<br />
I'm trying to pass a String parameter like "01-01-2010" from the report Input but it don't work. What's wrong with this query? Or Why doesn't it work?<br />
<br />
I don't wanna know about hh:mm:ss. I wanna now how manny orders I had on a unique day, like July 20, 2010.<br />
<br />
It works in any DB, why don't it works on BIRT?<br />
<br />
How could I do that on BIRT Query Builder?<br />
<br />
Any ideas?<br />
<br />
Tnks in advance!<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
<br />
Hi there,<br />
<br />
Don't you want to create a date parameter with the format you desire? You can do a "Customize" format and then pass that value to your sql script... I believe that is what you want (unless someone has a better idea). I use it all the time in my reports.<br />
<br />
Mike W.