Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Data Set from multiple data sources
Sylvie
Hello,
I am new to BIRT so excuse if this looks like a basic question for you, as it is not to me.
Is it possible to create a data set from multiple data sources
Thank you for your help
Sylvie
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/images/icons/icon11.gif
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Sylvie,
One thing you can do is create multiple dataSets and then join these dataSets together within BIRT using joint dataSets.
Jacques
Hi,
I select a list of files (Xml files) dynamically to build one report. For each data set, I have multiple data sources (1 to n files)
Is it possible, without merging all data files related to one data set into one data source, to use them separately to generate the report?
I want to point to multiple files (Data Source) for each Data Set being used in the report
To use the join data set becomes complicated since the number of files for each dataset is 1 to many files
IF it is possible, can you give me an example on how to set those multiple files being used by one data set
Thanks,
Jacques
mwilliams
Jacques,
Unfortunately, you can only use one dataSource with a single dataSet unless you're doing a joint dataSet.
I haven't done it, but you might be able to use a scripted dataSet to grab all the dataSource files and create what you're wanting that way. But, like I said, I haven't done it, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do it or how hard it'd be.
Jacques
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="77685" data-time="1306518933" data-date="27 May 2011 - 10:55 AM"><p>
Jacques,<br />
<br />
Unfortunately, you can only use one dataSource with a single dataSet unless you're doing a joint dataSet.<br />
<br />
I haven't done it, but you might be able to use a scripted dataSet to grab all the dataSource files and create what you're wanting that way. But, like I said, I haven't done it, so I couldn't tell you exactly how to do it or how hard it'd be.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
Thanks for the information<br />
Jacques