Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
NoClassDefFoundError when creating java ReportEngine
mrbrown
Hi!<br />
<br />
I'm creating a report generator in Java and trying to launch it in eclipse with birt 2.5.<br />
This is what I have started :<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
import org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException;
import org.eclipse.birt.core.framework.Platform;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineConfig;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IReportEngine;
import org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.IReportEngineFactory;
public class test {
public test () {
try
{
System.out.println("Launching report engine");
// Lancement du moteur de génération
EngineConfig config = new EngineConfig();
config.setEngineHome("C:tempbirtReportEngine");
Platform.startup(config);
IReportEngineFactory factory = (IReportEngineFactory) Platform
.createFactoryObject(IReportEngineFactory.EXTENSION_REPORT_ENGINE_FACTORY);
IReportEngine engine = factory.createReportEngine(config);
}
catch(BirtException ex)
{
ex.printStackTrace();
}
}
public static void main (String[] args) {
test t = new test();
}
}
</pre>
The problem is that I'm getting the following error and I don't really understand :<br />
<pre class='_prettyXprint _lang-auto _linenums:0'>
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/eclipse/core/runtime/CoreException
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.<init>(ReportEngine.java:109)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory$1.run(ReportEngineFactory.java:18)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory$1.run(ReportEngineFactory.java:1)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineFactory.createReportEngine(ReportEngineFactory.java:14)
at com.merethis.cbis.reportRunner.test.<init>(test.java:20)
at com.merethis.cbis.reportRunner.test.main(test.java:58)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(Unknown Source)
... 7 more
</pre>
<br />
The Platform starts correctly with :<br />
Platform.startup(config);<br />
<br />
But this line is generating the error :<br />
IReportEngine engine = factory.createReportEngine(config);<br />
<br />
<br />
Do you have any idea to help me fix it?<br />
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi mrbrown,<br />
<br />
Have you included all the jar files from the ReportEnginelib folder from the BIRT Runtime download?<br />
<br />
There are also a few Engine examples to compare against at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/568-execute-birt-reports-from-java-class/#description'>Execute
BIRT Reports from Java class - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
mrbrown
Hi Virgil!
I tried to use the Engine examples you told me and I had the same problems.
So I removed all the libs included in my eclipse project and specified only the libs from ReportEngine/lib and now it's working fine.
Maybe the problem came from the fact that I had some BIRT libraries that were included several times?
Thanks for your help!!
bmac
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'vdodson'" data-cid="52300" data-time="1250095563" data-date="12 August 2009 - 09:46 AM"><p>
Hi mrbrown,<br />
<br />
<br />
Have you included all the jar files from the ReportEnginelib folder from the BIRT Runtime download?<br />
<br />
<br />
There are also a few Engine examples to compare against at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/568-execute-birt-reports-from-java-class/#description'>Execute
BIRT Reports from Java class - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br /></p></blockquote>
bmac
Virgil,
Please expand on this a bit. I am trying to run a report from Java and get exactly the same error. Where might org/eclipse/core/runtime/CoreException be located? I cannot find it anywhere. I'm pretty sure this used to work, but after being away from it for a few months, the code no longer works. Something must have changed but I don't know what it was. Any suggestion will be appreciated.
Bmac