Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Getting Text to fit in Columns
gearb0x
G'day,
Is there a way to make BIRT shrink to fit text into columns, ie: I have a column showing 10 digit codes (so it wont wrap if they are too long) and i would rather the font size drop to fit them rather than cutting them off in PDF view
Is there any way to do this?
Regards,
Phill
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Phill,
I'm not sure I understand your issue completely. You have a column of codes that are 10 characters long that you need to adjust based on room? Is this not something that can be set at design time?
ivenkat
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="52472" data-time="1250517285" data-date="17 August 2009 - 06:54 AM"><p>
Hi Phill,<br />
<br />
<br />
I'm not sure I understand your issue completely. You have a column of codes that are 10 characters long that you need to adjust based on room? Is this not something that can be set at design time?<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
<br />
But what if someone doesn't know the length of the character at runtime. Also he is not allowed to extend it filed. Shrink to fit will be useful. But can we do this in Brit.
mwilliams
If you wanted to step through a string and determine which characters are in the string, to help you decide what size you want the text to be, you can change the size dynamically in the onRender script of the element. I don't know that there's any other way. Maybe someone else knows one! If so, I'd definitely be interested in hearing about it!