Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Count, Chart, TopN
evgeny
Hello and thank you for reading this post,
I am new to Birt and have just started building a report.
My goal is to display topN customers. And my table is looking like this:
Customer A
Customer B
Customer A
Customer A
Customer C
Customer C
Customer A
What I succeeded so far is to create a report which shows me the amount of the orders of the customers, it looks like this:
Customer A - 4
Customer C - 2
Customer B - 1
I have done that by having a Count function in the Summary Field of the Data Cube and a Sum function in the field on the Cross Tab.
And here my problem:
I would like to create a Chart, which shows me my top N customers. So in this case a pie chart, where i have A with 4/7, C with 2/7 and B with 1/7.
How can I do that with the given dataset? The summary field with the count function is returning one for each value and thus it is not possible to have the desired chart with that.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Evgeny
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
evgeny
ok, thanks for reading. I just saw the "Show as chart" option, however I dont know how to get the topN customers, since it is not possible to edit the chart Filters... I will start a new thread for that.
mwilliams
Hi Evgeny,
What version of BIRT are you using?