Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Iterating contents of body slot handle
b2tech
Hello:
I am opening a "pre-existing" report design file that contains several one-or- two column grids. These grids in the *.rptdesign file have been given unique names like grid-1, grid-2, etc. I use the DE to pull library report elements and then I want to place them *into* a specific cell of a specific grid.
I see that there are 10 slots for a report design (0-9) with slot 6 being the body slot. How do you create a reference to the "first grid/first cell" in the DE design and then place into it a new DesignElementHandle that was created from a library element??? The cell receiving the new DesignElementHandle in any of the grids would be originally empty.
I thought "slotHandle.add( DesignElementHandle, integer location-of-slot)" would do something along those lines but I don't understand what slotHandle actually would refer to in this case.. the actual "cell" slot target-location in the target grid??? Do you have to iterate down to the cell (s) level of a particular grid to be able to reference it for placing into it a DesignElementHandle or can you get at it in a simpler way?
-- BillH
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
johnw
Trying to remember off the top of my head. Give them names. Otherwise, BIRT assigns them random names internally, like "Element65", and so forth. Then you can just use the Find Design Element method.