Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
HowTo use the Locale() from Database field
JanLinders
Hi,
I'm trying to create a report that supports Locale
based on a Language field I get from my DataBase.
All setup and properties files are there and the
locale works fine when I change the Locale() in Eclipse preferences.
Next I would like to set the Locale() based on the DB field
somehow. Can this be done in a script ?
Thanks for helping out.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi JanLinders,<br />
<br />
Check out this example report design from the devShare:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/828-advance-localization-technique/#description'>Advance
Localization Technique - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
It may help you achieve what you're looking for. Let me know.
JanLinders
Hi Michael,
thanks for pointing me to this sample.
I found this earlier in my quest to find a solution.
This example might help me, but I'm not sure how to
set the Locale() for the complete report based on the values of
DB fields.
This example (as far as I can see) is not using language properties files
to translate Text into a locale.
Like : Invoice.properties, Invoice_en_US.properties or Invoice_nl_NL.properties
JanLinders
Is there perhaps a way now to set the locale like this:
reportContext.setLocale("en_US");
or even better
reportContext.setLocale(row.dbfield);
I noticed in the 2.5 M7 release the data fields have a property to
override the Locale. Can that be done via scripting as well ?
The option is not there for Text fields. Any plans in that direction.
Thanks again.