Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Implement Dynamic Sorting when clicked on column headers
arunarani
hi,
I am very new to BIRT. I have difficulty in implementing the dynamic sorting
for reports developed using the BIRT api's, adding column names and text in a .java file. I found some API's like SortElementHandle, SortKey etc.. but not sure of how to use them. Please suggest me how to perform Dynamic sorting for reports using BIRT api's in a .java file.
Thank's in advance,
Aruna
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Aruna,<br />
<br />
Since you asked this question in the forum for the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/products/birt-report-viewers/actuate-interactive-viewer/features/'>Interactive
Viewer</a>, I can tell you that sort functionality is automatically available for the user in this viewer.<br />
<br />
If you would like to add dynamic sorting in the designer (perhaps based on a parameter), then this is possible too and you should ask that question in the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/'>Designing
BIRT Reports Forum</a>.<br />
<br />
If you want to build your report entirely with the Java APIs then you should ask your question in the <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/deploying-integrating-birt-report-engine-applications/'>Deploying
and Integrating BIRT Report Engine Applications</a> forum.