Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Issues with BIRT RCP Designer 2.5
bourn2lead
Hi,
I have created a report using BIRT RCP Designer 2.3.2 and it is working fine. Later our application was upgraded and now we are using BIRT 2.5. When I have opened my report which was created using BIRT RCP designer 2.3.2 in BIRT RCP designer 2.5, I am not able to generage PDF preview. I am able to preview and generate a HTML report also. I am not getting any errors because of which there was no clue about the issue. Is there any one to help me?
Thanks in advance.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi bourn2lead,
Are you getting any errors when you're tying to render the report in PDF?
bourn2lead
Hi Michael,
I am not getting any error message. During rendering, even after 1 Hr, the control is staying at parameter selection page insted of showing the generated PDF. If I select HTML preview, I am able to see the generated report without any errors.
Thanks for responding.
Regards,
Bourn2lead
mwilliams
Bourn2lead,
Is this happening with all reports? Like, if you create a sample report from the sample database, does it have the same issues?
bourn2lead
For simple reports, it is not happening. For Complex reports it is required to redesign the report. I have redesigned the entire report and also struggled a lot to bring the format which I have in the previous version design.
mwilliams
Bourn2lead,
Can you create a complex report with the sample database that has this issue so that I can see it happen?