Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Boolean Data Type Problem
rab
Dear all,
I used Hibernate ODA Data Source, one of my field (amberWarning) is Boolean data type.
But, i had and exception like below:
A BIRT exception occurred.
Plug-in Provider:Eclipse.org
Plug-in Name:BIRT Data Engine
Plug-in ID:org.eclipse.birt.data
Version:2.5.0.v20090605
Error Code:odaconsumer.CannotPrepareStatement
Error Message:Failed to prepare the following query for the data set type org.jboss.tools.birt.oda.dataSet.
[select amberWarning
from Automotive]
'boolean' is not a valid type.
Any suggestion?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi rab,
I have not seen this issue before. Also, I have no way of testing this as I don't have hibernate and the sample db does not have a boolean field. What is the data in your boolean field like? 'true/false', 't/f', or '0/1'?
mwilliams
rab,
Also, what all are you doing to connect Hibernate with BIRT? How are you bringing the data in?
Tomas.Vala
Thread bump
Now 2.5 years after the original post, Hibernate ODA driver (version 1.2.0 stable, 1.3.0 milestone/nightly) still doesn't support Boolean data type. Quite sad, isn't it?
Fix is definately possible and quite simple by patching Hibernate ODA driver (sources available from JBoss vendor).
Tomas
CBR
Yes that's sad indeed. I do not think that it is that active. I know that some people are using it. However never got the big advantage of beeing able to use my hibernate entities in a BIRT report. I normally go back to the database directly as it is the best of breed for every reporting tool. If you want to decouple the underlying database structure from the report it is better to use views in the database.
I agree that it might be easier to use your domain model to navigate through the report structure but it normally introduces performance issues because you have to know a lot about the underlying hibernate mapping to avoid such kind of problems.