Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt Report Engine API and automatic translation to htmlentities
vmousar
Hi, <br />
<br />
Here is my problem : <br />
<br />
I'm using Java Birt Report Engine API in order to generate some documents, as pdf reports ... and also emails. <br />
Indeed, i let the API handle the emails design. <br />
<br />
The process includes a html document generation by Birt, and a second stage where Javamail (via Commons email) send the data generated in a formatted mail. <br />
<br />
I recently switch Birt Api version : 2.1 to 2.5. And the problem came : final encoding of my mails has changed, and I got some <strong class='bbc'>compatibility issues with Outlook, I'd like to get the previous encoding back</strong>. <br />
<br />
Here was the previous encoding : <br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii <br />
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Here it is now : <br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8 <br />
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I also noticed that html content generated by Birt has changed : previously , special characters was translate to html entities. Now (with 2.5 version), no more. <br />
<br />
Previously : <br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
<td><br />
<div id="AUTOGENBOOKMARK_11" style=" direction: ltr;">N’hésitez pas à nous contacter, nous sommes à votre disposition.</div>
</td><br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Now : <br />
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' ><p>
<td> <br />
<div id="AUTOGENBOOKMARK_11">N’hésitez pas à nous contacter, nous sommes à votre disposition.</div> <br />
</td><br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
I think JavaMail choose the encoding relatively to the content to send, content that has changed (generated by Birt). <br />
<br />
So finally, i'd like to know if there is a way <strong class='bbc'>to force Birt to translate special characters in html entities</strong>. <br />
<br />
<br />
Regards,
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Can you report this to the Eclipse bugzilla system at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Business
Intelligence Software - Reporting Tools - BIRT Exchange</a>
Duden
I have a similar problem only my characters are in norwegian. (æ,ø,å).
I find that when previewing my design in eclipse the characters are displayed correctly.
When I generate my report as html using the API however, I just get weird characters.
ø = ø
å = Ã¥
In the api-generated HTML the above weirdness gets shown.
Using the viewer I can see the right characters and when inspecting the source I find that my å's have been replaced by: " å ", wich I guess is the html entity for the å character that vmousar was talking about.
What does the viewer do differently from the API?
And how can I fix this??
Thank you for any replies.