Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Change parameters page layout
Rob77
Hello,
Is there any simple method of changing parameters page layout (web viewer)?
I have three parameters (3 * combo box). They are placed one below another.
I'd like to place them e.g. horizontally.
After searching the web I found very small improvement - I have modified global BIRT parameters jsp file (enlarged parameters frame). That's ok, although it modifies _all_ reports behaviour.
I have found something about using taglib. But currently it appears to be very complicated to use it.
I could try to modify global jsp files, but still don't know where to start.
What about "Insert in layout" parameter option? I guess it would cause parameters to be visible all the time, which is not what I want.
Regards,
Robert
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Robert,<br />
<br />
The best way to get exactly what you want from the parameter screen is to create your own JSP parameter page and use the taglib. Not sure if you saw this post or not, but it's a good place to start:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/298-2-2-birt-tag-library/#description'>2.2
BIRT Tag Library - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a>
Rob77
I have looked at those resources. However something is wrong, as my parameters aren't populated from database.
What have I done so far:
1. Created jsp file:
<%@ page language="java" contentType="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1" pageEncoding="ISO-8859-1"%>
<%@ taglib uri="/birt.tld" prefix="birt" %>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
;
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
</head>
<body>
Parameter Page 1
<birt:parameterPage
id="report1"
name="page1"
reportDesign="report_with_cube.rptdesign"
isCustom="true"
pattern="frameset">
Parameter2: <birt:paramDef id="param_2" name="platform"/>
Parameter3: <birt:paramDef id="param_3" name="test"/>
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Sumbit form"/>
</birt:parameterPage>
</body>
</html>
and copied it to birt root directory.
2. Verified that id and name of paramDef are the same as in rptdesign.
3. Verified that /birt.tld is present in web.xml
After running the page I have:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN" "
http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">
;
<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
</head>
<body>
Parameter Page 1
<DIV ID="report1" style='overflow:auto' >
<FORM NAME="page1" METHOD="post" action="/birt2/frameset?__report=report_with_cube.rptdesign&__masterpage=true&__id=report1">
Parameter2:
Parameter3:
<input type="submit" name="submit" value="Sumbit form"/>
</form>
</div>
</body>
</html>
I don't know what else to check. I don't even know where to look for logs.
Regards,
Robert
Rob77
Yay!
I did it
It was simple parameter id/name mismatch between jsp file and rptdesign file.
One small glitch - when I choose parameters, then run report, then press toolbar button to enter parameters again, I'm not redirected to original JSP page, but there's original IFRAME with parameters displayed.
Can it show my modified page instead?
And ...
BIRT original parameters iframe is nice (and consistent with other report elements). My HTML code is, let's say, ugly. Can I reuse BIRT layout instead? And modify it just slightly?
Regards,
Robert
mwilliams
Robert,
I would assume you'd be able to just modify the BIRT parameter page however you wanted. I haven't tried it, but it seems like it would work.
java032
this url ''2.2 BIRT Tag Library - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange '' you give not work , i can't find the resource. when i click the button 'go to resource' ,i see nothing .
mwilliams
Not sure why it's not working for you. It works for me. It points at this page:
http://birtworld.blogspot.com/2007/09/22-birt-tag-library-building-custom.html
Hope that one works for you.