Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Dynamic images insertion on different pages
Naveen123
Hi Group
I m using BIRT version 2.3. All the reports are required in the PDF.
I have a problem regarding dynamic image insertion..
Problem 1 Statement:
I am querying a database which returns me the required images to be displayed(image s can be a single r multiple images) based on parameter. I need to display each image on different pages as a page footer.
I had inserted the image in the footer of the master page but it is displaying only the first entry of the returned dataset on every page.
Right now my design file has one table and a master page attached to it. I had placed the dynamic image in
the footer of the Master Page
Can i have a solution to this?
Problem 2 Statement:
This is abt the improvement on the above. How can i display the different images only on the every 4th page of the report.
TIA
Naveen
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Naveen,
You will probably have to create an interval type group so that there's a group footer at the bottom of each page. The master page footer is only rendered once, which is why you're getting just the first picture each time on every page. You'll also then be able to track how many groups you go through by incrementing a variable on the interval group's footer, so you can use this in a visibility expression to only show on every 4 pages. Hope this helps. Let me know if you have questions.
Naveen123
Hi Michael
Thanks for reply.
I am new to BIRT
Can u please elaborate on that interval type group creation and where i should insert my image so that i get different image at the footer of each page.
The design file contains a table. This page attached to a master page. The data and the images to be inserted are coming from different datasets. There exists no relationship between image and the data in table.
Just at the end of every page a different image is to be inserted.
Can u please elaborate ur explanation
TIA
Naveen
mwilliams
Naveen,
Are you using BIRT 2.3.0 or 2.3.something else? I'll make up an example in your version if you let me know.
Naveen123
Hi Michael
Thanks for reply.
I am using BIRT 2.3.2
Regards
Naveen
Naveen123
Hi, Group
Can anybody help in resolving the issue.
TIA
Naveen
mwilliams
Naveen,
Here's what I meant by an interval group and using its footer. I didn't use a dataSet to bring in image names, but you should be able to apply this idea to that situation as well. Save the images to your resource folder and run the report in the web viewer. Let me know if you have questions.
magic_bern
Hi All,
just found this thread trying to figure out how to add a dynamic picture.
I am not sure how to set the dataset for the picture. What Set Method is used for the any data type?
Thanks
mwilliams
magic_bern,
Where are you wanting to display the image?
Do you bring the image in as a blob? Or do you have a string of the image name? Or something else? Let me know.