Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Not able to set Dispaly text of report parameter
Shilpa
I am using a report parameter that is using Combo Box,I am using static binding .
When I am trying to dispaly the dispaly text of this report parameter using params[""param_name"].displayText,it is displaying null.Can somebody tell what should I do to display text of this parameter?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Shilpa,
Did you set the display text of the parameter when you set it up?
Shilpa
Hi Michael,
Yes I am setting the months in combo.So the value is the Interger nos 1 -12 and in the display text their corresponding Month Values are set.
Shilpa
mwilliams
Shilpa,
Can you set up a simple example of this issue you're having with the sample database so I can see what you're doing and what you're getting.
Shilpa
Hi Michael,
Attached is the exampe report.I have used a simple report parameter as a combo box and tried displaying it's value and text in report.
Shilpa
mwilliams
Shilpa,
What version of BIRT are you using? It looks like it's displaying the correct info when I run this report in 2.3.2.
Shilpa
Hi Michael,
I am also using Actuate BIRt 2.3.2.Have u done any modification in the report? When I am trying to run the same report.The output is
Value param8
Display Textnull
Regards
Shilpa
mwilliams
Shilpa,
No, I didn't modify the report at all. I get:
Value param8
Display TextAugust
I'm using 2.3.2.2. I guess there could have been a problem with the display text in 2.3.2 that is fixed in 2.3.2.2. You may try upgrading to that if possible.
Shilpa
Hi Michael,
I am using Actuate BIRT 10 which is using BIRT 2.3.2 version .Is there any pack of Actuate which is using BIRT 2.3.2.2.
Shilpa