Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Alternating between group records
BIRTz
I have a report that I want to have the details as a group to be highlighted alternating.
Country :Australia (group)
Product Category: PC100023 (group)
Sales Date--Invoice num--Quantity (details)
01Aug--234302--54
01Aug--238534--93
02Aug--239038--20
03Aug--239320--12
Product Category: PC100027 (group)
Sales Date--Invoice num--Quantity (details)
01Aug--234842--63
02Aug--239232--10
02Aug--240000--8
02Aug--240923--27
Country :Austria
Product Category: PC100022
Sales Date--Invoice num--Quantity
02Aug--235302--31
02Aug--238734--15
04Aug--249348--55
06Aug--246520--102
I want all the records for 01Aug(Australia) for PC100023 to be highlighted in red as well as records for 03Aug. Same for 01Aug for PC100027.
For Austria data, 02Aug and 06Aug records will be highlighted in red.
So, the records are grouped by sales date and highlighted by alternate sales date.
The sample report that I came across in the forums, the alternate highlight will continue through the detailed record.
What I would like is the highlight to be 'reset' at each group. Every 1st group of sales date for each group will be highlighted in red.
Any idea? Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi BIRTz,
What version of BIRT are you using? If you've already got this sample report made, you can attach it in here, otherwise, I'll try to recreate your scenario and try to come up with a solution.
BIRTz
Hi Michael,
I'm using Birt 2.3.0.
I have tweaked the sample report attached from the original example so that it will show the details that I want. But it's basically the same logic.
Based on the report,
for Anna's Decorations, I want data for 11sep2003 and 20Jan2005 to be highlighted.
for Australian Collectables, 21Nov2003 and 9May2005 to be highlighted.
for Australian Collectors, 29Apr2003, 20Feb2004 and 29Nov2004 highlighted.
etc...
BIRTz
Found a solution!
I created a variable groupNum for order date which i reset at every customer.
Depending on the groupNum, I will highlight those records under that particular group (order date).
I have attached the solution just in case someone else looking for it.
mwilliams
BIRTz,
Exactly what I was going to try!
Glad you got it working.
BIRTz
Thanks Michael. Glad that I finally got it working too!
Initially was 'working' too hard on the report. Took a break from it.
It was much easier later, with a clearer mind