Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
problem with landscape report export to pdf
dchillman
I recently designed several new reports for use in maximo 7. when created I chose a "Blank Report" which uses the NewSimpleMasterPage. I changed the orientation to Landscape and went on my merry way. the report runs fine in the designer and in Maximo. However, in Maximo, after the report is rendered in the Birt Report Viewer, and "Print Preview in PDF" is selected, the body of the report is printed as if in "Portrait" (only fills 8.5 inches of the page) while the master page header is in "Landscape" (fills the entire 11 inches of the page). I've tried changing the MasterPage to maximoLandscape, but that doesn't fix the problem. Any ideas on how to fix this without resorting to recreating the report from scratch using the maximoLandscape masterpage as the starting template? thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
dchillman
Ok, after digging into the xml and consulting the manual I realized the error of my ways. In the design I set the width of some column to fixed values to make things look better on the screen, but I hadn't set the width of all the columns. When exporting to pdf, the fixed columns mucked up how the pdf was rendered I guess. When i deleted all of the width properties for the columns, the pdf was displayed using the entire page.