Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Report parameter combo box default value
AshishK
I want to write a logic for defaulting the combo box report parameters to the first value of the dataset to which the combo box is linked.
I want to achieve this using SCRIPTS in BIRT 2.3.0 and BIRT 2.5.0. I am bit new to the script feature in BIRT. BIRT 2.5.0 provides much more functionality in terms of combo box report parameters.
One easy way I have identified by making the dataset to have order by clause and use list box. OR make the dataset to have order by clause and use combo box without providing any default value in the parameter window.
Let me know, if this can be achieved using the scripts. If yes, then on which method of dataset or parameter object?
Regards,
Ashish
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Ashish,
Are your parameters dynamic or do you know all the values in the field so you could set it up with static parameter choices?
AshishK
Yes, Parameters are dynamic.
The reason for having the same through script is that, today the requirement is to display the 1st element (of the datalist associated with combo box) as the default one. Later if requirement changes to display some other value from list, then I can update the datset query to get the task done.
Regards,
Ashish
mwilliams
Ashish,
Obviously the first value is always the default selected value in a list or combo box when the parameter page pops up unless otherwise specified, but the main reason you're wanting to set the default in script is because of the possibility of which value to default to changing later? I don't know that there's a script method that you'll be able to do this in. Making your own parameter page may give you a little more freedom in this, however, I haven't tried it, so I'm not sure. If I figure anything else out on this matter, I'll post in here.