Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
dataset column containing xml
chiara
Hi, I have a problem, I need to read the values coming from a column of a jdbc dataset, that contains an xml.
I would like to retrieve the xml from the jdbc dataset and then use it as XML Datasource in order to read its data not like a String but like an xml.
Any idea on how to do this?
Thanks a lot
Chiara
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Chiara,
Can you please explain this a little more? I don't know that I'm quite getting what you're trying to do. Thanks.
chiara
Ok, I'll try again. I have a table in my DB that contains a field called XML_DATA , in it there is not a simple String, but a String which is an XML.
I would like to read this XML not like a simple String, but as if it was an XML Datasource so I would like to be able to define an xpath etc.
Hope now it is better.
Regards
Chiara
mwilliams
Chiara,<br />
<br />
Take a look at this post from the devShare:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/197-parse-xml-from-database-field-in-birt-report/#description'>Parse
XML from Database Field in BIRT Report - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
ladymtaxi
<p>Michael,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The link in your reply no longer goes to anything - is there someplace that I can look for this information? I have a database field that contains the complete .xml that my report needs. I have a servlet that can stream it to the report, I curious if I can do it in the report instead.</p>