Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Crosstab Total
stuart
Hi,
I'm would really like to be able to total a derived measure in a crosstab without showing the underlying measure in the column area (ie only the derived column is shown). Whenever the underlying measure is hidden the total column also disappears - not really very helpful - is there anyway to make the total column not disappear.
Actually I don't need the crosstab to do the total - I can do that - I just want to be able to show a total column the same way the crosstab does. The total data is coming from other report items - not a data cube.
Is it even possible to add a data control into the crosstab so that it looks like a crosstab has generated the totals column????
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Stuart,
Can you set something up with the sample database that has your general setup and situation with totals, so I can see more what you're working with? Thanks.
stuart
Hi Michael,<br />
<br />
It relates back to this link:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16676-totalling-crosstabs-totals.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16676-totalling-crosstabs-totals.html</a><br
/>
<br />
Here I have used the reportcontext, as you suggested, to retrieve the totals from other crosstabs. Now I'm trying to setup a totals crosstab for the month. Here I can use the reportcontexts to include the totals in the derived measure of the totals crosstab - I'm using this to help layout the days of the month. Now I just want to include a grand total for the derived column (at the end of the row) without showing the measure which is always zero.<br />
<br />
Stuart.
stuart
Hi Michael,
Do you need any further information on the approach I'm trying? Can you suggest a better way of presenting the totals over a month?
Stuart.
stuart
Hi Michael,
Strangely I have achieved what I'm after in the attached report (one that you originally created) but I can't seem to duplicate it - can you help? Check out the second crosstab ... here I'm showing the derived crosstab measure only and also the total column (which I total myself via a dataset column). Whenever I try to do this again I can't seem to remove the underlying measure without the total column disappearing.
Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Stuart.
mwilliams
Stuart,
In other report designs, are you choosing "Remove" from the drop down? Or are you just deleting the data element Eclipse puts in the measure section? If you choose "Remove" the measure and total sections will be removed.
stuart
Hi Michael,
Are you able to reproduce the 2nd crosstab? If so what steps did you take?
Thanks,
Stuart.
stuart
Hi Michael,
"In other report designs, are you choosing "Remove" from the drop down? Or are you just deleting the data element Eclipse puts in the measure section? If you choose "Remove" the measure and total sections will be removed."
I am using the "show hide" option in the dropdown to uncheck the measure and leave the derived measure - but this removes the totals column. Could you please list the steps you are using to reproduce the 2nd crosstab?
Thanks,
Stuart.
mwilliams
Stuart,
If you select the measure you're "hiding" and delete it, the cell will stay there and you can drop a data element in there to display your own measure as is seemingly done in the 2nd crosstab.
stuart
Thanks. I'll give it a try later this morning.
stuart
Hi Michael,
Do you understand why in the 2nd Crosstab's "Column Area -> Grand Totals" properties page that there isn't a data field listed?
Thanks,
Stuart.
mwilliams
Stuart,
I would have guessed it's because the actual dataCube measure is not used in the crosstab, however, when I create the exact same crosstab again, it is there. It must be a glitch in the report design or something.
stuart
Thanks for your help Michael. I've been able to achieve the desired result.
mwilliams
Great to hear.