Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
How to change Parameters while running a report
evgeny
Hi,
I would like to be able to change the report parameters while running the report in the birt viewer. However I don't want to make the report parameter to be required.
This means, I would like to execute the report and not being asked for the parameters every time I'm using a hyperlink, but just when I want to change the parameters manually. Is it possible to have some button, or some text field inside of the report which helps me changing them? I would like to have a similar button in the birt web viewer, like the "show report parameters" in the preview.
Thanks
Evgeny
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Rexduran
Hello
We are using a little web page, with a list of parameter in a form, the report is on a iframe. When the parameters change (onChange javascript event) then the form reload the report on iframe. You can display your little form on top or left side of the loader's iframe.
Regards
Reinaldo
evgeny
Hi Reinaldo,
thank you for you answer. Is it possible for you to explain this in more detail. Especially how you build the form with the parameters and how you interact between the form and the iframe, or even give an example (Sorry I'm not very experienced on HTML/JS).
Thank you in advance
Evgeny