Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
insert logical page breaks in report
Raj_t
Hi,
I have a grouped tabular report, which has 5 columns. One column has large data. If the data goes to page 2 then I need to have a page break before the current row data.
Attached describes an example of this.
Please let me know how can I do this.
Thanks in advance for your help. Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks,
Raj.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Raj,
What version of BIRT are you using?
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
I am using Birt 2.5.0.
Thanks
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
You should be able to select your group or detail row and choose to avoid page break within from the page break section of the property editor for the detail row, or from the group editor for the group.
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
I want to show the page break after certain rows, because when the user prints the report, he need to see header in every page.
Thanks,
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
Maybe I'm not understanding what you're tying to do completely. The header can be repeated on each page after a page break, so that shouldn't be an issue.
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
Sorry for not being clear. Thanks for the reply.I put the page break on a grouped column. It is doing the page break on the data. My problem here is when I print the page, the page which I am viewing as a single page in birt report is printing as 2 pages(because of large number of rows). I want to put a page break on the data in such a way that the 2nd printed page also should contain header data.
Please let me know if my explanation is not clear.
Thanks,
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
Can you recreate your issue with the sample database? I understand what you're saying, but the header is defaulted to repeat upon page break, so I would like to see it if possible.
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
Sorry, I couldn't able to create the report with the sample database. here I attached 2 images of the report. 1st image has 1st page and 2nd image has second page. one record spanned from 1st page to second page. I want to display all the rows data in second page aswell(carry forward from first page to second page). Please let me know how can I do it.
Thanks in advance for your help. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
What is the output format you're printing to? PDF? If so, try setting the page break interval on your table to 0.
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply. I want it in html format.
Thanks,
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
Can you attach your report design so I can see how it's set up? If you have grouping, the header should be repeated on the next page if you have the option of repeat header selected.
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
Please find the attached rptdesign. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
I think I get it completely now. The last data column is only one row along with the "header" that you want to repeat, which is actually a row. The way you'll be able to repeat the "header" values in the row is by putting them in a header and putting the long data value in the detail row.
Raj_t
Hi Michael,
Thank you very much for your reply. Can you please explain more about "putting the long data value in the detail row". I am unable to do it.
Thanks ,
Raj.
mwilliams
Raj,
If you have multiple rows for the current grouping you have, you'll need to add another group on a unique column within that group. You'll be able to put what you called your "header" in the group header row of your "group2" and leave the long data element where it is, in the detail row. This is the only way I see you getting what you're looking for.