Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to use script in report
KavithaD
hi,
I am new to BIRT.I want to know how to use Script to display modified data in report.If you provide any sample example or steps will be useful.
Thanks & regards
Kavitha
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Kavitha,
Can you be more specific in the modifications you're trying to do so I can narrow down what type of example you are looking for? Thanks.
KavithaD
Hi mwilliams,
thanks for your reply.I want to know how to use scripts in BIRT and In what case we can use scripts.
Thanks & regards
Kavitha
prakash_p
When do we write Script in BIRT?? well, the answer in short is, whenever you want to override the BIRT default behaviour, read or update the state of an object on an event. Remember, we attach script code to events. For example, on rendering an element, on initializing the report layout etc.
Virgil Dodson
There is a recorded webinar talking about BIRT Scripting and Events at <br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/1010-advanced-birt-report-customization-recording/#description'>Advanced
BIRT Report Customization Recording - Other Resources - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
and<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/975-webinar-archive-birt-scripting-and-events/#'>Webinar
Archive: BIRT Scripting and Events - Tutorials - BIRT Exchange</a>
KavithaD
Hi prakash_p/vdodson<br />
<br />
I have a requirement like,I am getting value from data set like <p class='bbc_left'><ul class='bbc'><li> > 50 years</li><li>Healthy patient</li></ul></p>
<br />
I want to diaplay in report as how its formatted.<br />
<br />
could you tell me how can i achieve this through script?
prakash_p
If your report element is Text type, you can simply use HTML Content Type (see Property Editor, General, Content Type).
Virgil Dodson
embed HTML explained here<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/385-birt-embed-html/#description'>BIRT
: Embed HTML - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a>