Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Problem in export from birtviewer
ayyalaraj
Hi,
I am using birt viewer for displaying the report in my web page. I am facing a typical problem while exporting the report in pdf page. In birt viewer, the report is showing as one single page with all the records say 100 records (page 1 of 1). But when I export this to pdf with selections(Export format : PDF, All Pages, Actual Size) only first page of the report is coming in pdf. Remaining rows are not coming exporting into pdf.
Any suggestions are highly appreciated. Its little urgent, please give some suggestions or sample code.
I am using cross tab in my design to display the report.
BIRT Designer Version : 2.2.1
Thanks in advance.
Thanks,
Sekhar
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Sekhar,
Can you post a report created with the sample database that has this issue, so that I can run it? Thanks.
ayyalaraj
Hi Michael,
Thanks for your reply and here is the rptdesign file with the data, but my report is exactly the same with different data elements. Hope this helps. I have a problem in birt viewer while exporting.
Thanks,
Sekhar
mwilliams
Sekhar,
When I output to PDF from the viewer in 2.2.1, I get 38 pages. It seems like everything is there. This is from the web viewer in the designer. Are you talking about the deployed viewer? Let me know.
ayyalaraj
Michael,
Yes,I am talking about deployed viewer. In Web Viewer it will work, but in deployed viewer, I could not able to do that.
Thanks,
Chandra
mwilliams
Chandra,
The deployed viewer seems to have the same output as the web viewer in the designer, 38 pages. This is with the 2.2.1 version.
ayyalaraj
In web viewer it will show Michael. But when I export that to PDF, it is breaking for only one page. Could you please help me to know where can I look at for this problem. Here with attaching couple of screenshots for your reference.
Thanks,
Sekhar
mwilliams
Sekhar,
I meant exporting from the deployed viewer. I get 38 pdf pages when I export. The problem stated was that only 1 page showed up. I don't see that happening in 2.2.1. From the screenshot, you're showing a different problem of the bottom of the page getting cut off. I didn't look for this issue as that wasn't the original issue stated. I'll take a look at that and let you know what I see. Are you not having a problem with only 1 page showing like originally stated?
ayyalaraj
Michael,
I don't know whether I am confusing you. I am trying to explain clearly below.
1. In deployed webviewer say for example I got 3 pages. In 1st page, I am getting 80 records, in the second page I am getting 10 records and in the thrid page I am getting 10 records
2. When I click on Export Report and selected PDF with options (all pages and actual size) in 1st Page, I am getting only 25 - 35 records (but I need to get all 80 records there breaking into different pages). I mean, 80 records should go to 2 or 3 pages in pdf, but it is not happening like that.
3. But where as in second and third pages I am getting all records because there are only 10 records each which will fit in page.
4. In web viewer it is showing all records (80+10+10), where as in pdf it is only showing say for example, (30+10+10). I am loosing 50 records in first 80 records in PDF.
I could not able to upload the pdf to you because of size constraint. Hope this will explain my problem. Please help me...
Thanks,
Chandra
mwilliams
Chandra,
Alright, I think I get what you're talking about now. What I don't see, is that issue happening in the report you posted in here. Are you seeing it in that report?
ayyalaraj
Michael,
I am getting the same problem in that report too when I try to export that from my deployed webviewer.
Thanks,
Chandra
mwilliams
Chandra,
That is very odd as I don't see the same thing with the same version of BIRT. You may try setting your page break interval to 0. In issues similar to the one I understand you're having now, this was a workaround. Not sure if it'll help in your case because I don't see the same thing, but it's worth a shot.
ayyalaraj
Michael,
Thanks for your suggestion, but as I am using cross tab in my report I can't set the page break interval. It is only available for table. But one thing I observed is, when I do the same thing from eclipse, i.e., view report in web viewer and export it is doing perfect. But when I do the same thing in deployed web viewer it is not. Not able to get the actual problem.
Thanks for your all help....
thanks,
Sekhar
mwilliams
Sekhar,
My bad on the page break interval thing. I forgot it was a crosstab for a second.
It works for me with the deployed viewer or the one through Eclipse. Are you for sure using the same version of deployed viewer as you are designer?
ayyalaraj
Michael,
I am sorry to tell this but not sure, how I missed this.
I am using 2.2.1 with my eclipse, but 2.2.2 as deployed viewer.
I upgraded in my application, because 2.2.1 export was not working in Firefox. Do you think that will create a problem?
Thanks,
Sekhar
mwilliams
Sekhar,
That explains everything, actually.
I believe there was an issue in 2.2.2 with the pagination in the viewer vs. PDF. I'll have to look into this with BIRT 2.2.2 and see if there is a workaround. If you are able to upgrade to the newer versions of BIRT, this is no longer an issue. I'll let you know if I find anything to get around this in 2.2.2.
ayyalaraj
Michael,
I have one dumb question. If I upgrade the birt viewer and runtime for newer versions, I also need to upgrade my designer too right? If I upgrade my designer, I can open the existing rptdesign files. Do we have backward compatability in our existing designers?
Thanks,
Sekhar
mwilliams
Sekhar,
Upgrading the viewer doesn't necessarily mean you have to upgrade the designer. However, you'll have to remember that your reports may not perform the same in the designer as in the newer version of the viewer, so you'll want to test there too if you don't upgrade your designer. If you upgrade the designer, most older reports should run in the newer version. There may be some minor changes that need to be made in some. Opening newer BIRT versions of reports in older versions of BIRT is possible. You just have to change the XML Source to reflect the old version information. Even then, some reports that use newer features and such may have issues running in the older version. Hopefully this answers your questions. Let me know if I missed anything.
ayyalaraj
Hi Michael,
I don't think I can take that much big risk at this moment changing all the files. Please suggest some work around for time being..Going forward we will upgrade all... :-)
Thanks,
Sekhar
mwilliams
Sekhar,
I don't see any way around this in 2.2.2 at first glance. Unfortunately, the best solution would probably be to upgrade. I don't think you would have to many issues, if any, in upgrading. You may try just installing the all in one designer for a newer version and testing some reports to make sure they all work ok.