Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
Create Copy of DCR With OpenAPI
briscoe
I want to copy an existing DCR and give it a new DCR name using OpenAPI but not sure how to do this. I was able to make a copy of the DCR with IWFileHandle but then NOT able to edit the data record since its type is a file and not DCR. Can you add a DCR with OpenAPI?
Thx
Briscoe
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
james1
If you
just
copy the file contents, then Templating won't recognize the copy as a DCR because it won't have the necessary Extended Attributes. You probably need to apply the proper EA's to the copy.
Hope this helps.
-- James
--
James H Koh
Interwoven Engineering
briscoe
Thanks James
This does help. I assume that OpenAPI supports adding the Extended Attributes after I create the DCR copy.
Thanks again
Briscoe
briscoe
Below is the code sniplet that updates an Extended Attribute just in case someone wants to reference.
Thanks,
Briscoe
IWSimpleFile sf = (IWSimpleFile) IWPathNamedObject.lookupByPath(fileSysService, tmpPath + "/" + fileName);
if( sf == null )
{
sf = dir.createChildSimpleFile(fileSysService, fileName, null, null, "LiveWoven Export");
}
if( sf == null )
{
logFile.Print("IWOpenAPI:ExportFileExAttr", "Could Not Create File - " + fileName + " In Export Path - " + tmpPath, "ERROR");
return false;
}
// Set Extended Attribute
sf.setVarValue fileSysService, "TeamSite/Templating/DCR/Type", "Category/Content Type");