Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
iwmigrate
Mary
Has anyone used the iwmigrate command (new w/5.5 I believe) to copy the backing store from one disk to another on the same server? The documentation says it can be used this way but I'm not clear on the pros and cons of this vs. just copying iw-store to the new location.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
msrich
I've used IWMigrate. It works fine to copy a store or a piece of a store (branch and sub-branches), creating a new, additional store.
I can't get it to copy a branch from one store into another existing store, although I'm still trying.
Migrateduser
What particular problems are you facing moving branches from one store into another existing store?
Shashi
msrich
I have three backing stores under d:\iw-store on one server. The original store is called 'default.' Call the additional stores 'store1' and 'store2.'
What I'm trying to do is copy (via iwmigrate) all editions within a branch from store1 to store2, where the branch doesn't yet exist in store2.
Here's a typical iwmigrate command line I've been trying:
iwmigrate -g -m Y:\store1
-b /main/branch_abc -o d:\iw-store\store2
What I see as a result is something like:
Error locating /main/branch_abc
Adam Stoller
Not sure if this will help, but what happens if you change the argument for the -b parameter from /main/branch_abc to /store1/main/branch_abc ?
I'm assuming there *is* a /store1/main/branch_abc ...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
msrich
Thanks. It's been a while since I tried the specification you suggested. So I just tried that, in combination with specifying the source backing store with the "Y:\store" instead of "d:\iw-store...."
I'll attach the log file that shows the output of the latest IWMigrate.
Adam Stoller
someone else will have to look at this - I don't have time. If you don't get a response in a timely fashion here - I suggest you contact Interwoven Support.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
Migrateduser
Marc,
Has the administrator account on the local machine been renamed to something other than Administrator.
If so, it is possible to change it back to Administrator and retry the migrate?
Thanks,
Shashi
Edited by smazumdar on 06/20/03 07:41 PM (server time).
rpjoseph
Will iwmigrate work without a problem to copy a backing store from production to development/test server? They are two physically seperate boxes.
Robert Joseph
Senior Web Engineer
CNF Inc.
msrich
As far as I know, IWMigrate is intended to copy from one store to another on the same server. If you use IWMigrate to copy a branch from one store to its own (new) store on the same server, you can then copy the new store to another server and bring it up there.
Things to note:
1. Define additional stores in iw.cfg.
2. All stores must be children of iw-store directory. With a standard install, you'll find 'default' as a child of iw-store already.
3. Manage multiple stores with IWStoreadm command.
Adam Stoller
... also, since I don't see it mentioned in this thread ... make sure that if you are using MultiStore that you have purchased licenses for using it ...
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)