Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
cross tab two column
sandeepBha
hi all,
I want to display data in cross tab like this
school name overall general OBC SC ST Other
DPS 70 30 20 10 8 2
but my query result set is like this
school name overall caste student
DPS 70 general 30
DPS 70 OBC 20
DPS 70 SC 10
DPS 70 ST 8
DPS 70 Other 2
can you please tell how do i do this.
Is there any way to add to column in cross tab .
Regards,
Sandeep
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Sandeep,
The attached report shows a couple different ways you can achieve what you're looking for. It was designed in BIRT 2.3.2.2. Be sure to set the save location of the .txt file in your dataSource or it won't run.
sandeepBha
Hi sir,
thank you so much for your reply.
can you please tell me how you this ,i means steps still i am not able to design the same report you sent to me.
it would be very helpful for me.
thanks in advance.
Regards,
Sandeep
mwilliams
Sandeep,
In the option that uses the total column, you make the data cube with dimensions "school name" and "caste" and with the measure "students". In your crosstab, you drag the items out from the cube as follows:
Row dimension: school name
Column dimension: caste
measure: students
Then, you click the icon next to one of the measures and choose "totals". You then activate the "totals" column. This will add up the values from the different castes for you.
For the option that uses the dimension, you would do the same as above except you'd add "overall" as a sub dimension of school name in your data cube and show it in your crosstab. Also, you wouldn't have to use the total column.
Let me know if you have any questions.
leilaw
Hi Micheal,
I am new in Birt and I want to develop a crosstab report in following format:
Subject Code
Assesmet Type| Total Mark
student name | student Number
I have subject_code, student name, number and assesment type already. here I want to have the total Mark as label and in the masurment cell I want to have total mark based on the subject code and student name, right next to each assesment type for each subject.
something like this:
BST1101
Course Work | Final Exam | Total Mark
Leila da| BTS0001233
=
60
40
50
Course Work and Final Exam here are the data of assesment type and total Mark is description which its data in measurment should be from database.
Please help me up.
Thank you in Advance,
Leila,
mwilliams
Hi Leila,
If I'm understanding correctly, you should be able to add a "grand total" column by clicking on the icon for the dimension and choosing to add a grand total and select the correct one from the options. Then, you can delete the actual "grand total" element that is added in your crosstab and do your own calculation in this cell or use the cell to display a calculation you did within the crosstab script to create the average of the 2 numbers for the total mark.
Hope this helps.
leilaw
Hi Micheal,,
Thank you for your quick useful answer. I did the same thing for sub total.
but what I need is more complex.
currently we generate this report through PL/SQL, but we also need to generate such a report through BIRT to work with new system.
I was wondeing if you could assisst me in this matter, can I generate this kind of report by crosstab in BIRT or there are any other solutions/
Thank you.
leilaw
how can I give you the sample here?
mwilliams
Leila,
If you click on "Add Reply", there should be an option to attach a file. .rptdesign is one of the file types that can be attached. If all else fails, zip it up and attach the zip file.
leilaw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72070" data-time="1294700536" data-date="10 January 2011 - 04:02 PM"><p>
Leila,<br />
<br />
If you click on "Add Reply", there should be an option to attach a file. .rptdesign is one of the file types that can be attached. If all else fails, zip it up and attach the zip file.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi Micheal,<br />
<br />
Thank you for you guide.<br />
I've attached my sample report, if you could give me some info to create this kind of reports.<br />
I also need to know the price of BIRT server. Beside, If you could give me some information regrading the BIRT Report engine, it will be very helpful. I need to know that is BIRT Report Server really necessary to generate the reports or not, without consideration about the logs and scheduling features.<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
Leila.
leilaw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'leilaw'" data-cid="72092" data-time="1294735720" data-date="11 January 2011 - 01:48 AM"><p>
Hi Micheal,<br />
<br />
Thank you for you guide.<br />
I've attached my sample report, if you could give me some info to create this kind of reports.<br />
I also need to know the price of BIRT server. Beside, If you could give me some information regrading the BIRT Report engine, it will be very helpful. I need to know that is BIRT Report Server really necessary to generate the reports or not, without consideration about the logs and scheduling features.<br />
<br />
Thank you,<br />
Leila.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
sorry Michael<br />
<br />
Please dont download the first one, I've attached the zip file in second attachment.
mwilliams
You do not need the BIRT Server to generate reports. You can run them straight from the designer or just deploy the viewer example to a java application server like Tomcat.
I'll take a look at the report.
leilaw
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'mwilliams'" data-cid="72124" data-time="1294765816" data-date="11 January 2011 - 10:10 AM"><p>
You do not need the BIRT Server to generate reports. You can run them straight from the designer or just deploy the viewer example to a java application server like Tomcat.<br />
<br />
I'll take a look at the report.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Thanks for your replay and I'm waiting for your respond for the report sample.
mwilliams
It looks like for the first page, a crosstab would be the way to go. For the second page, a table would work, and the rest that is just static information could probably just be set up in grids.
leilaw
thank you
mwilliams
Not a problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!