Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Top Ten Report - Chart
evgeny
Hello and thank you for reading,
I would like to know if it is possible to create a Top Ten Report with a Table. My problem is thereby to limit the number of occurrences. I created a report with the descending number of customers of in a country, but can't filter it down to a TopN.
I would also like to create a chart based on this data.
Thank you for your help
Evgeny
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Evgeny,
Why are you unable to filter it down to a top 10? Are you wanting to show all the values in the table, but only show the top 10 in the chart? Or is there another issue?
evgeny
Hi mwilliams,
thank you for your answer.
I figured out how to limit it to the top ten (I think I had an error in formatting before), but still have difficulties to create a chart with this data.
I put the Country into the Category Definition and the Aggregation into the Slice Size Definition, but the chart is not really aggregating the values, but shows a lot of different values. I add the sample data again.
Thank you for your help
Evgeny
mwilliams
Evgeny,
Ok, so, you didn't have a requirement to show all the values in the table, but only the top 10 in the chart. Take a look at the modified report here. You need to make the category definition the group value and it'll work.
evgeny
Thanks a lot!
Rosh 69
Hello Everyone,
I am new to BIRT.
In the sample attached here (TopTenSample.rptdesign), the pie chart uses the Data Set "Top N".
How was this data set created to be used in the report?
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roshan.
mwilliams
It actually uses a report item called "TopN", which is the crosstab at the top of the report. Let me know if you have any other questions on this.
Rosh 69
Hi,
Thank you so much for your reply.
But, I figured that out when i checked the cross tab
BIRT is really a very nice tool. Hoping to use it to its full potential
Regards,
Roshan.
mwilliams
Welcome to the BIRT community! Let us know whenever you have questions!
Rosh 69
Hi Michael,
Hope you are doing fine.
I had a question.
How do you give the word wrap on a column binding ?
Thanks.
Regards,
Roshan.
mwilliams
Change the whitespace property from "no wrapping" to "normal". In newer versions, you can find this in the general section of the property editor. In older versions, I think you have to go to the advanced properties section to find the setting.
Rosh 69
Hi Michael,
I am using BIRT 2.5.2
For the concerned field, the whitespace property is already set to Normal:Inherited?
The issue is that when the Report is viewed as PDF, the value in the field is not seen fully.
I have attached an image highlighting the field which is not appearing entirely. I have also highlighted the actual value that should be seen in another row below.
Thanks in advance.
Regards,
Roshan.
mwilliams
If the whitespace property is set properly, this is likely because of the lack of a break character. You could use a dynamic text box to take the field value and insert break characters every x amount of characters so that the text will break across lines.