Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PDF export Issues
purushdk
Hi,
I am using birt 2.3
I am getting some issues while export PDF format.
Issue 1
Steps 1:
Report Name - employee information
Parameters - Employeeid,employeename,cadre,grade,location
columns name:
Eid, empname, cdare,location,dept,
Using parameter values i am generating report its working fine
when try to export pdf format instead of opening pfd its opening parameter window again, if select again parameter pdf format is opening.
2 issue:
report i have hidden some columns example(cdare,location,dept).
PDF format:
Expected result
Eid, empname - should display in pdf report but it showing all the columns values.
Thanks & Regards,
k.purushothaman
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi k.purushothaman,
Can you create a report with the sample database that you see this issue with? This way I can see the issue for myself. Thanks.
purushdk
Hi,
I am getting problem only some PC not All PC.
Thanks & Regards,
k.purushothaman
mwilliams
k.purushothaman,
Are all of the PC's using the same version of BIRT? Same version of PDF viewer?
purushdk
Hi,
Birt version is same, but PDF version is different.
Thanks & Regards,
k.purushothaman
mwilliams
k.purushothaman,
What is the version of PDF viewer it's not working on?
purushdk
Hi,
PDF version 6 its not working, but only some reports
Thanks & Regards,
k.purushothaman
mwilliams
k.purushothaman,
I think it's safe to say we narrowed it down to being only an issue with this one version of PDF viewer. Is there any common factors in the reports that aren't working? Like, crosstabs, images, or something like that? Let me know. I don't think this is something I'll be able to reproduce.
purushdk
Hi Michael,
All the reports i have parameters, while click report link first it will open parameter window after selecting parameters report will display, because i had give all parameter is required .
there no other common thing in my report.
Thanks & Regards,
k.purushothaman
mwilliams
k.purushothaman,
Are you getting any errors at all? As I said before, with this only happening with that PDF viewer, I'm guessing that's where the issue is. Since I can't recreate this issue. If you can try a newer version of BIRT to see if you still have the issue, that could narrow down the problem even more.
purushdk
Hi Michael,
I am using birt 2.3.1 version only
Report design using Linux version i am developing.
Thanks & Regards,
k.purushothaman
mwilliams
k.purushothaman,
So, as I suggested in my last post, if you could download a newer version of the viewer and try it with one of the computers that it's not currently working with and see if the newer version works, that'd help figure out where the issue is. Thanks.