Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Setting the flat files folder by program
juabus
In the Designer I specify a data source folder as a fixed constant by the window:
"Select the folder that contains the flat files"
How can I modify at runtime the folder location of this data source by a Java program? To deploy my Java application, calling BIRT, I have to adapt this location.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi juabus,<br />
<br />
You can assign a parameter and then change the flat file location using scripting... or the property binding of the data source.<br />
<br />
There are a couple examples at<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/949-switch-text-datasource-at-runtime/#description'>Switch
Text DataSource at runtime - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/951-dynamically-changing-the-path-home-for-a-flat-file-datasource/#description'>Dynamically
Changing the Path/Home for a Flat File DataSource - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a>