Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Average of Average (Data Cube values in CrossTab)
stinky
A CrossTab provides a very easy way to specify the average of a Data Cube value.
However, within the Data Cube, I only see the options to specify the following for a Data Cube Summary Field:
SUM
MAX
MIN
FIRST
LAST
COUNT
COUNT DISTINCT
Why isn't AVERAGE within the list for a Summary Field of a Data Cube?
What is the recommended way to get an average of average values within the CrossTab?
I have tried creating extraneous SUM and COUNT Summary fields within the Data Cube to calculate my own Average within a Cell Value of a CrossTab, but I cannot get an expression, such as the following, to be recognized corrrectly:
measure["MYVALUE-SUM"] / measure["MYVALUE-COUNT"]
Please advise.
Stinky
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Stinky,<br />
<br />
This past forum thread may help with getting around this issue:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16340-datacube-average-function-summary-field.html'>http://www.birt-exchange.org/forum/designing-birt-reports/16340-datacube-average-function-summary-field.html</a>
;