Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Binding report items
anir
Hi,
I am trying to build a report which contains 3 tables. The first 2 are for data from 2009 and 2008. And the third report is the difference between the data from 2009 and 2008.
I have build the first two reports. Now for the 3rd report I want to leverage the report items instead of creating a data set. Is this possible? Please provide an example if possible with a couple of simple tabular reports.
Thanks
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
anir
Also for the first two report I am using two different datasets, but essentially calling the same stored proc with the year parameter (i.e., 2009 nad 2008). Can I decide to call the same dataset and pass the year parameter so that I can use the same dataset for both the 2009 and 2008 report as well.
Thanks
anir
Figured out the answer to the second query. We can either modify this.queryText in the dataset's beforeOpen() javascript event or can also use datasets Property Binding parameter.
First part of the query still remains unanswered though. I am basically trying to build a report from the difference of two reports, assuming the reports to be simple - tabular and also necessisating that i dont go to database again the fetch the input for my third table. (has to by Binding a Report Item, but how?
)