Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
crosstab problem please help me
mani_03
hi.
can any one guide me how i will solve the given problem
Suppose there are many column which can not be defind At starting point of time they can increase or decrease user required
I am showing some mock data what I want
serialNo. | Student name | mark1 | mark2 | mark3 | mark4 ...| ...
1 | s1 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 6 |....
1 | s2 | 3 | 7 | 4 | 2 |.....
value asssocited to each column As mark1 is 2 & 3 these value should be as how manu student will be there but No. of column is not defind that it can be increase or decrease
I think it is possible by crosstab but I dont know how it will work I have tried but not get success Please help me.....
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi mani_03,
So, the data actually looks like this?
serialNo. | Student name | mark1 | mark2 | mark3 | mark4 ...| ...
1 | s1 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 6 |....
1 | s2 | 3 | 7 | 4 | 2 |.....
Or is this what you want it to look like?
mani_03
hi mwilliams,
I am not getting what you mean
actualy serialNo. | Student name | mark1 | mark2 | mark3 | mark4 ...| ...
are the table header and serial no , studentname mark1 mark2 ... are the coulumn name and the data corrosponding these column are row wise given below
1 | s1 | 2 | 4 | 3 | 6 |....
1 | s2 | 3 | 7 | 4 | 2 |.....
in this problem mark1 mark2 ... is not static they are dynamic column
is this enough to get this problem
mwilliams
mani_03,
So, the actual dataSet has a dynamic amount of "mark" columns? It isn't in the format of something like:
Serial No. | Student | Mark Category | Mark
1 | s1 | Mark 1 | 2
1 | s1 | Mark 2 | 3
1 | s1 | Mark 3 | 4
1 | s2 | Mark 1 | 3
1 | s2 | Mark 2 | 2
...
etc.
mani_03
thanks mwilliams,
yes Problem is somethig like hat but I want to show mark1 mark2...
in same row in only one row with serial no and student name
1 s1 (value of mark1), ( Value of mark2).....
is there any solution to show data like above ..
I have seen solution post by you on forum (discount detail but i dont want to show like that) ..
mwilliams
mani_03,<br />
<br />
I know what you're wanting to show. What I'm trying to figure out is exactly how your dataSet looks. Do you have a dynamic number of "mark" columns in your result set? Or is there a column that defines what "mark" the current row is like in my example from my last post? If it's like my last post, a crosstab could be easily used. If you have a dynamic amount of result set columns, you may want to use a standard table and add columns dynamically. You can see how to do that in the devShare post below:<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/designing-birt-reports/262-birt-dynamic-adding-tables-and-columns/#description'>BIRT
: Dynamic Adding Tables and Columns - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange</a>
mani_03
hi mwilliams,
yes there are dynamic mark column but these column are same for all student I mean if one time there are 4 (mark1, mark2 ,mark3 ,mark4) column then these column will be same for all student (no of column not content of that )......
there are not a single row there are multiple row with different students is there need to attach pdf for that .. to get it what I want
mani_03
hi mwilliam,
is there any solution you find for my this Actualy I could't get what you have said that you have provide the link (BIRT: Dynamic Adding Tables and Columns - Designs & Code - BIRT Exchange)
if one time there are 4 (mark1, mark2 ,mark3 ,mark4) column then these column will be same for all student (no of column not content of that )......means there are multiple row with multiple dynamic column..