Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Birt parameter screen customization
joo
Hi there,
I have a query regarding the parameter screen that asks users to enter values before the report is shown. Can this screen be customized, say with a script to do the following ?
Assume there is a screen with 2 drop downs A and B.
1. User selects a value in drop down A.
2. Drop down B is populated based on what user select in A.
3. User selects drop down B.
4. Clicks ok.
The values in the second drop down B would depend on the value that the user selected in A.
I researched this a little but I have not found anything concrete. I know that drop downs can take dynamic values from a data set, but parametrization of the data set based on user input is something that I would like to do. Has anyone done this before ? Thanks
EDIT:
I am using BIRT 2.1.0. I cannot upgrade to a more recent version because a dependent product uses this version. The parameter screen I am talking about is the one that BIRT displays and not a custom parameter screen that can be displayed using BIRT java custom tags
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi joo,
What you're talking about sound a lot like a cascading parameter. Is this not what you're wanting?
joo
Thanks Michael. That is what I was looking for.
joo
For those interested in a demo here is the link -> <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/examples/reports/birt2.1/cascade/index.php'>BIRT
Example Reports</a>
mwilliams
No problem! Let us know whenever you have questions!