Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
PECS update to multiple portlets
Sgrace
Hi,
How do I get one prtlet to update multiple target portlets using PECS ?
The install notes only show how to communicate with one other portlet, but I'm sure I read that it is possible to communicate with more than 1 target.
Thanks
Sean
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
PuckPuck
PECS is a system where a message is sent, and all portlets that are listening for that event will receive it.
In the portlet receiving the event we added something like this to the definition:
<callbackEvents>
<callbackEvent>myPortletEvent</callbackEvent>
</callbackEvents>
Add the same definition to all portlets which you want to listen on the same event.
Also you can have 1 portlet listen to more than 1 event to do even more stuff.
Sgrace
My problem is with defining the link in the source report. I can get it to work with one target portlet by following the example in the install and config notes which shows the syntax for the link referencing a particular file, but I presume I should be able to refer to more than one target file name in the link on the source report. If so, can someone please share an example of a link.
Thanks
Sean
bhanley
When a PECS event fires, the most common action is to update the content in a portlet. This is done by assigning a new URL as the source of the portlet itself. So while a set of portlets can subscribe to a single PECS event, that is not practical when updating a target portlet with a new source URL. <br />
<br />
Instead, simply fire multiple PECS events inside your parent report to update your target portlets with the appropriate URL. You are not limited to firing a single event in the <strong class='bbc'>onClicked</strong> script. You can have as many events fire as your have target portlets to update. Just string together the calls to <em class='bbc'>fireEvent</em> as you would in any other JavaScript block to get the desired behavior.<br />
<br />
Good Luck!