Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Where can I find BIRT 2.5.1 API Doc?
Sachin_K
Hi All,
Where can I find the API Doc for BIRT 2.5.1, which was released on 09/26/09?
I looked on BIRT-Exchange -> BIRT Community -> Docs, I couldn't find it. neither did using google.
Is there a way to generate API doc?
Thanks.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Sachin,
If you have installed the 2.5.1 BIRT Designer, then you have the API docs handy in the Help menus. To get there, go to:
Help -> Help Contents ->
...and then you will see
BIRT Charting Programmer Reference
BIRT Programmer Reference
BIRT Report Developer Guide
Sachin_K
Hi Virgil,<br />
<br />
I installed BIRT all in one from <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>Eclipse
BIRT Home</a> and I can only see BIRT Report Developer Guide under Help -> Help Contents ->.<br />
<br />
Do I need to install any other packages/pulgins?<br />
<br />
Thanks.<br />
<br />
Sachin_K
Virgil Dodson
It looks like starting with BIRT 2.5.1, the developer references are only installed if you download the SDK (from the same link above) and unzip it into the same directory as your designer. I think they have done this to get the BIRT Designer file size down.
deanmoses
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="'vdodson'" data-cid="56058" data-time="1256738830" data-date="28 October 2009 - 07:07 AM"><p>
It looks like starting with BIRT 2.5.1, the developer references are only installed if you download the SDK (from the same link above) and unzip it into the same directory as your designer. I think they have done this to get the BIRT Designer file size down.<br /></p></blockquote>
<br />
Here's step by step directions for getting the BIRT Programmer Reference and the BIRT Charting Programmer Reference.<br />
<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.dashbay.com/2011/03/the-top-secret-location-of-the-birt-programmer-reference/'>http://www.dashbay.com/2011/03/the-top-secret-location-of-the-birt-programmer-reference/</a>
;
kingsolmn
FYI, it appears the link that [member=deanmoses] gave above is broken now.