Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
method getSerializer() from the type ChartEngine is deprecated
Sachin_K
Hi,
I am using BIRT 2.5.1 and i am using method getSerializer() from the type ChartEngine to retrieve the Serializer interface, used for loading/saving chart design from/to an XML stream.
I am getting is deprecated eclipe message that getSerializer() method is deprecated. Is there any update to this method.
I am not getting any errors or exception. But just curious to know if there is updated method for this.
Thank You,
Sachin_K
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Sachin,<br />
<br />
I can also see in the 2.5.0 JavaDoc for ChartEngine that getSerializer was Deprecated without listing a replacement. You might log a bug at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/bug-reporting/'>Eclipse
BugZilla</a> to see if there is a replacement. I didn't find any related bugs with a quick search I did there.