Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Eclipse IDE Birth Report file not running
deostroll
I've created a birt report using the eclipse ide, and tested it on eclipse too. I am able to view the report in the eclipse birt viewer.
However, I've downloaded the reportengine example from the site. There is a ms-dos batch file (genReport.bat) which generates a report from the rptdesign file. There are also samples included in the example (like hello_world.rptdesign). I am able to execute the samples. I get the corresponding html file as output.
However on running those reports I've created from the eclipse ide fail to work...here is a strace trace I've copied out from my command prompt directly:
<stacktrace>
Oct 13, 2009 2:14:46 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelp
er openReportDesign
SEVERE: invalid design file file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/arun.jayapal/wor
kspace/atsusersReport/atsUsers.rptdesign
Oct 13, 2009 2:14:46 PM org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner runAndRe
nderReport
SEVERE: The design file file:/C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/arun.jayapal/workspa
ce/atsusersReport/atsUsers.rptdesign has error and can not be run.
org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: The design file file:/C:/Doc
uments%20and%20Settings/arun.jayapal/workspace/atsusersReport/atsUsers.rptdesign
has error and can not be run.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReport
Design(ReportEngineHelper.java:258)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReport
Design(ReportEngineHelper.java:193)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReport
Design(ReportEngineHelper.java:127)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngine.openReportDesign
(ReportEngine.java:349)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.runAndRenderReport(Re
portRunner.java:192)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.execute(ReportRunner.
java:165)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.ReportRunner.main(ReportRunner.jav
a:120)
Caused by: Error.DesignFileException.INVALID_XML - 1 errors found!
1.) ( line = 0, tag = null) org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserE
xception (code = Error.DesignParserException.UNSUPPORTED_VERSION, message : The
report file of version "3.2.20" is invalid for it is greater than the latest sup
ported one.)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleRe
ader.java:116)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignReader.read(DesignReader.j
ava:88)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.core.DesignSession.openDesign(DesignSes
sion.java:321)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.api.SessionHandle.openDesign(SessionHan
dle.java:294)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.parser.ReportParser.getDesignHandle(Re
portParser.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.ReportEngineHelper.openReport
Design(ReportEngineHelper.java:253)
... 6 more
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.DesignParserException: The repor
t file of version "3.2.20" is invalid for it is greater than the latest supporte
d one.
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleState.parseAttrs(ModuleSta
te.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleParserHandler.startElement
(ModuleParserHandler.java:229)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.startEle
ment(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.dtd.XMLDTDValidator.startElem
ent(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l.scanStartElement(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$Conten
tDriver.scanRootElementHook(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l$FragmentContentDriver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl$Prolog
Driver.next(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentScannerImpl.next(U
nknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.impl.XMLDocumentFragmentScannerImp
l.scanDocument(Unknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XML11Configuration.parse(U
nknown Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.XMLParser.parse(Unknown So
urce)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Un
known Source)
at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.p
****(Unknown Source)
at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.model.parser.ModuleReader.readModule(ModuleRe
ader.java:94)
... 11 more
</stacktrace>
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi deostroll,<br />
<br />
The error seems to indicate that the BIRT Runtime you are using is not the same version of BIRT Report Designer you are using.<br />
You can download the latest BIRT Runtime from <br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://download.eclipse.org/birt/downloads/'>Eclipse
BIRT Home</a>
deostroll
I've downloaded the package from the below link:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.com/be/downloads/birt-report-viewers/?articleid=17323'>BIRT
Report Viewers</a><br />
<br />
The actual link to the download is...<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/modules/wfdownloads/visit.php?cid=3&lid=813'>Business
Intelligence Software - Reporting Tools - BIRT Exchange</a><br />
<br />
I believe this has the updated runtimes.<br />
<br />
I've downloaded the birt-eclipse package from:<br />
<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/birt/downloads/drops/R-R1-2_3_2_2-200906011507/birt-report-designer-all-in-one-2_3_2_2.zip'>Eclipse
downloads - mirror selection</a><br />
<br />
I believe the above should contain all the necessary stuff right?
Virgil Dodson
It looks like you are downloading a BIRT Designer of 2.3.2.2 and a BIRT Runtime of 2.3.2. I would try using the BIRT Runtime of 2.3.2.2 from the same links you found your Designer from to keep them on the same version.