Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
array in beforeOpen script
al91206
Hi,
If I wanted to do a comparison of 2 values in the beforeOpen script:
Value1 = params["string_one"]
The 2nd value however is a select statement: "select username from users"
Value2 = "select username from users" <-- this is not possible right?
Then I want to do something like this:
BirtComp.compareString(Value1,Value2)
Since the value2 portion of this isn't working - would it work in an array? Anyone know how to do this?
Thanks,
Al
Could Value2 be turned into an array - if so does someone know the syntax?
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Al,
What are you trying to do with this comparison?
al91206
So - the reason - that always helps:
Value1 = params["username"]
Value2 = "select username from users where some_filter = 'Y'"
Compare because if Value1 is "in" Value2 I want to run this.querytext otherwise I want it to run a different this.querytext
I want to change the query if a user from value2 is running the report.
mwilliams
Al,
The best way may be to create both dataSets with a table bound to each and once the data has been brought in, you can check against your parameter and decide which table to hide or drop.