Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
Issue with crosstab in PDF format
Suri
Michael,
I´m having trouble exporting my report to PDF format. I noticed that when I use a table component the PDF is generated correctly. But when I use crosstab, the PDF file generated truncates the columns of the table, no matter of what size is that crosstab. Selecting "Auto", "Actual Size" or "Fit To Whole Page" has no effect too.
I´m using BIRT 2.3.2, Internet Explorer 7.0 and Adobe Reader 9.
To render the report and publish it, I´m using BIRT Report Viewer (free) on Tomcat 5.5. I´m using Portrait orientation and A4 for paper type on Master Page configuration. No component exceed the margins. The other configurations are default.
Could you help me, please?!
Thanks!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi Suri,
Can you recreate this issue with the sample database so that I can see it? Do you have the same issue running the report in PDF form from the designer?
Suri
Hi Michael,
see attached the report design. I used the Classic Models database as data source for this example.
This "phenomenon" occurs even from the Report Design, when I choose Run -> View Report -> As PDF.
Thanks!
Suri
mwilliams
Suri,
This seems to be an issue with the crosstab being in the grid. If you remove the grid from the report, the "fit to page" option works just fine. This problem is not present in BIRT 2.5.0. The auto PDF option works fine.
Suri
Bingo! That´s it, Michael! Thank you very much for your support. For an immediate solution, I will fix my reports removing the grid components wherever I´m using crosstabs. Later I will download BIRT 2.5 and test this issue.
Regards,
Suri
mwilliams
Suri,
Sounds good. Let us know whenever you have questions.