Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT in websphere 6.1
Rinki
Hi,<br />
My BIRT is working fine on JBOSS server.<br />
Now I am trying to deploy it on websphere and getting following while opening the reports through url (<a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:9080/birt/frameset?__report=reportname.rptdesign'>http://localhost:9080/birt/frameset?__report=reportname.rptdesign</a>)<br
/>
<br />
<br />
ERROR ::<br />
<br />
org.eclipse.birt.core.exception.BirtException: Cant startup the OSGI framework<br />
<br />
<br />
Please suggest some solution.
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Rinki, There are 3 different links at <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/BIRT/FAQ/Deployment#Q:_How_do_I_install_BIRT_in_WebSphere.3F'>BIRT/FAQ/Deployment
- Eclipsepedia</a> that may help with installing BIRT on WebSphere. None of the 3 links specifically talk about WebSphere 6.1 but are worth looking at anyway. Let us know if you discover something else specific to 6.1 that needs to be done.<br />
<br />
FYI - I'm moving this thread to the Deploying BIRT forum so others may have a better answer.
Happy
I'm assuming you are talking about WAS or WPS here.<br />
What version of BIRT are you running?<br />
I could not get 2.5.1 to work (probably because WAS 6.1 runs off JRE 1.5.0).<br />
<br />
What steps did you take to deploy the runtime environment?<br />
Click on Applications -> Install New Applications<br />
Upload the birt.war file (from 2.5.0)<br />
keep all default settings, click next through 3-4 screens.<br />
Wait until deploy has completed<br />
Save to master configuration<br />
navigate to <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://localhost:9080/birt/index.jsp'>http://localhost:9080/birt/index.jsp</a>
; and test from there.
mid491
Hi,<br />
just testing BIRT 2.5.0 on WAS 6.1 with the steps you describe (and this ppt <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2865-1-1853/Install BIRT viewer to WAS 6.1.pptx'>http://www-949.ibm.com/software/rational/cafe/servlet/JiveServlet/download/2865-1-1853/Install BIRT viewer to WAS 6.1.pptx</a>)
<br />
<br />
I can see the index.jsp page but when I click the link "view exemple" I got a Java.exe error (windows pop up) and the WAS's Server just ... stop, no log...<br />
<br />
any idea ?
grm
I tried the steps mentioned in this thread as well as the ones mentioned in Eclipsepedia. When I try accessing the report I get a "org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file." Nothing in the SystemOut.log or SystemError.log (which is kind of strange). Neither do I get any stacktrace. I am attaching a screenshot as well. I have tried BIRT 2.5.2 & 2.3.2. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.