Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
BIRT deployment in Tomcat Server
mano
Hi,
I have been trying to deploy a .rptdesign on a remote tomcat server and getting the following error.(I deployed the same file in the local tomcat server with identitical settings including mysql-jdbc drivers and it works fine)
plz find the error I am getting below(detailed stack trace attached) and I would appreciate if anyone cud suggest something.
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report.
stack trace:
org.eclipse.birt.report.service.api.ReportServiceException: Error happened while running the report
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.throwDummyException(ReportEngineService.java:1064)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1272)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.BirtViewerReportService.runReport(BirtViewerReportService.java:158)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtRunReportActionHandler.__execute(BirtRunReportActionHandler.java:81)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.runReport(BirtChangeParameterActionHandler.java:58)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.__execute(AbstractChangeParameterActionHandler.java:53)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.actionhandler.AbstractBaseActionHandler.execute(AbstractBaseActionHandler.java:90)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.__executeAction(AbstractBaseDocumentProcessor.java:47)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.executeAction(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:143)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.BirtDocumentProcessor.handleChangeParameter(BirtDocumentProcessor.java:100)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor150.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.processor.AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.process(AbstractBaseComponentProcessor.java:112)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.soapengine.endpoint.BirtSoapBindingImpl.getUpdatedObjects(BirtSoapBindingImpl.java:66)
at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor68.invoke(Unknown Source)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.invokeMethod(RPCProvider.java:397)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.RPCProvider.processMessage(RPCProvider.java:186)
at org.apache.axis.providers.java.JavaProvider.invoke(JavaProvider.java:323)
at org.apache.axis.strategies.InvocationStrategy.visit(InvocationStrategy.java:32)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.doVisiting(SimpleChain.java:118)
at org.apache.axis.SimpleChain.invoke(SimpleChain.java:83)
at org.apache.axis.handlers.soap.SOAPService.invoke(SOAPService.java:454)
at org.apache.axis.server.AxisServer.invoke(AxisServer.java:281)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServlet.doPost(AxisServlet.java:699)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doPost(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:265)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:647)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.service(BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.java:122)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:269)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.filter.ViewerFilter.doFilter(ViewerFilter.java:68)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:215)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:188)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:172)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:127)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:108)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:174)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:873)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11BaseProtocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11BaseProtocol.java:665)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:528)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:81)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:689)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.EngineException: Error happened while running the report
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.doRun(RunTask.java:265)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.engine.api.impl.RunTask.run(RunTask.java:82)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.service.ReportEngineService.runReport(ReportEngineService.java:1263)
... 47 more
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mysql/jdbc/TimeUtil
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.fastTimestampCreate(ResultSetImpl.java:1056)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetRow.getTimestampFast(ResultSetRow.java:1325)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ByteArrayRow.getTimestampFast(ByteArrayRow.java:126)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getTimestampInternal(ResultSetImpl.java:6687)
at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getTimestamp(ResultSetImpl.java:6006)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java:488)
at org.eclipse.datatools.connectivity.oda.consumer.helper.OdaResultSet.getTimestamp(OdaResultSet.java:658)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ResultSet.getTimestamp(ResultSet.java:347)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.odaconsumer.ResultSet.fetch(ResultSet.java:190)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.OdiAdapter.fetch(OdiAdapter.java:142)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.RowResultSet.next(RowResultSet.java:104)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.ExpandableRowResultSet.next(ExpandableRowResultSet.java:63)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.populateData(SmartCacheHelper.java:308)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.initInstance(SmartCacheHelper.java:280)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.initOdaResult(SmartCacheHelper.java:152)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCacheHelper.getResultSetCache(SmartCacheHelper.java:77)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.cache.SmartCache.(SmartCache.java:53)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassUtil.populateOdiResultSet(PassUtil.java:98)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassUtil.pass(PassUtil.java:61)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateResultSetCacheInResultSetPopulator(PassManager.java:318)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.doPopulation(PassManager.java:274)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.doMultiPass(PassManager.java:227)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.pass(PassManager.java:95)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.pass.PassManager.populateResultSet(PassManager.java:72)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.ResultSetPopulator.populateResultSet(ResultSetPopulator.java:196)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.transform.CachedResultSet.(CachedResultSet.java:89)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.executor.DataSourceQuery.execute(DataSourceQuery.java:844)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.PreparedOdaDSQuery$OdaDSQueryExecutor.executeOdiQuery(PreparedOdaDSQuery.java:336)
at org.eclipse.birt.data.engine.impl.QueryExecutor.execute(QueryExecutor.java:1033)
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Virgil Dodson
Hi Mano, <br />
<br />
Where are you placing the JDBC drivers? If you are using the BIRT WebViewerExample then they need to be copied to WEB-INFplatformpluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_drivers<br />
<br />
See this post for more info <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/169-placing-jdbc-drivers-for-birt-and-e-spreadsheet-reports/#description'>Placing
JDBC drivers for BIRT and e.Spreadsheet Reports - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a>
mano
<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote' data-author="vdodson"><p>Hi Mano, <br />
<br />
Where are you placing the JDBC drivers? If you are using the BIRT WebViewerExample then they need to be copied to WEB-INFplatformpluginsorg.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc_drivers<br />
<br />
See this post for more info <a class='bbc_url' href='
http://www.birt-exchange.org/devshare/deploying-birt-reports/169-placing-jdbc-drivers-for-birt-and-e-spreadsheet-reports/#description'>Placing
JDBC drivers for BIRT and e.Spreadsheet Reports - Tips & Tricks - BIRT Exchange</a></p></blockquote>
<br />
Hi,<br />
<br />
thx for the reply.But as I said in the post the configurations for both the remote and local servers are same and drivers are in the above mentioned directory.It has mysql-connector-java-5.1.10-bin.jar and the readme.txt file in that folder.<br />
<br />
and the local server the report file works fine which shows there isnothing wrong in the report file.but the same report file generates the above error on remote server.<br />
<br />
server is tomcat 5.5.8. is there any testing I can do? plz clarify.<br />
<br />
thx
mano
plz help me guys with this seemigly annoying problem.
thx
BirtN00b
Hi,
I have had the same problem (java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: com/mysql/jdbc/TimeUtil) at seemingly random times, after I get this i cant run the report until i restart tomcat. But after restarting tomcat the report works just fine.
I am running the birt report engine 2.5.1 in a tomcat 5.5.23 server.
Feels like the webapp looses its reference to the TimeUtil-class or something else wierd like that. I know nothing about the whole eclipse platform/plugin structure, could it be whats causing the webapp to loose the TimeUtil class?
Cheers
JimTalbut
Did you ever find a solution to this?
We've got the same issue, with BIRT 2.6.1, mysql 5.1.13 and tomcat 6.0.28.
Thanks.