Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Web CMS (TeamSite)
turn off New Directory in Webdesk ?
nipper
I think the answer is to write a trigger for this, but just in case, has anyone seen an easy way to turn off new directory for authors (webdesk) ?
Andy
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
Adam Stoller
Have you tried putting the following in your iw.cfg:
[ui_remove_menu_items]
newdir="author"
You'll probably have to do an iwreset -ui, and you might have to logout of TeamSite and re-login before it takes effect.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)
nipper
So I am confused, where is this documented (besides the iw.cfg.example file) ?
ALso, looks like this only works for Webdesk pro, NOT webdesk. :-(
Thanks fish
Edited by nipper on 06/18/03 10:08 AM (server time).
Adam Stoller
Where is it documented? Page 128-130 in the TeamSite Administrators Guide [5.5.2] for Windows (and probably somewhere similar in the guide for Unix)
If you are using WebDesk - I believe you need to run iwreset -ui, possibly iwreset -a [?] and I'm almost positive you have to logout of an open session, perhaps close the browser window completely, and then re-launch (there's some caching going on I believe, which is why all these other steps are needed).
Haven't had a chance to verify any of this - probably won't have time in the too near future, but hopefully someone else can assist if the above still doesn't work for you.
--fish
(Interwoven Senior Technical Consultant)