Discussions
Categories
Groups
Community Home
Categories
INTERNAL ENABLEMENT
POPULAR
PUBLIC CLOUD
PRIVATE CLOUD
Quick Links
MY LINKS
HELPFUL TIPS
Back to website
Home
Intelligence (Analytics)
how to add a row number col in crosstab
lbg
hi,
how can i add a row number col in a crosstab report?
thanks very much!
Find more posts tagged with
Comments
mwilliams
Hi lbg,
What version of BIRT are you using? I'll give a few things a try.
lbg
Hi,Michael,
I'm using Version 2.5.0 of BIRT.
Best Regards,
lbg
lbg
Hi,Michael,
I'm using Version 2.5.0 of BIRT runtime and BIRT Report Framework 2.3.2.2.
Best Regards,
lbg
mwilliams
lbg,
Here is one way you can do it. In this report design, I made a computed column in my dataSet with a value of '1' to use as a dummy column in the crosstab. I then put this value as a subgroup in my dataCube to my outer row dimension. I put this as my row dimension and unhid the line number group. Then, I switched the place of the outer group(in my case COUNTRY) and deleted the computed column line number element and added a new data element and used a variable in the expression that I set in my 'initialize' script to count my own line number out. Let me know if you have questions.
Hope this helps.
This report was designed in 2.3.2.2.
lbg
hi,Michael,
I tried as you told,and it worked!
Thank you very much!
Best Regards!
lbg
mwilliams
lbg,
No problem. Let us know whenever you have questions!
cherryling
<p>Hi,Michael,</p>
<p>Thanks your help to this question.</p>
<p>By your example,How can I sort amount by descending first,then show the line number by sort?</p>
<p>Thank you.</p>